Women’s Recovery Retreat 2021
OPEN HEARTS, HEALING SOULS, PRAYING HANDS: Steps 3, 7, 11
August Fri, Aug. 6, 7:30 PM – Sun, Aug. 8, 12:00 PM
PLEASE NOTE THESE DATES:
- Registration opens 6/21/2021
- Registration closes 7/15/2021
- Registrants notified whether they received a spot at the retreat 7/23/2021
- Remainder of payment due 7/31/2021 (unless you requested a scholarship)
The Ann Arbor Women’s Group is thrilled that we can offer an in-person 3-day retreat at the beautiful Lake Huron Retreat Center in 2021. We want to make the experience as safe and comfortable as possible for everyone so, in this post-COVID world, we will try to communicate as clearly as possible what to expect. Please read about changes we are making to the registration process this year. All of this is to ensure a safe environment for all (below).
You will be required to provide proof of vaccination at registration.
THE PROGRAM- We’ll be asking the hard questions about YOUR will versus your Higher Power’s will for you. We’ll go over the ONE paragraph in the Big Book (p. 76) that packs a punch. Then, we’ll heal and recover through gentle prayer and meditation. It promises to be a joyful, loving, and grace-filled weekend for all
- There will be no more than 60 women attending the retreat.
- Almost all retreat activities will take place in the chapel. This is a large room that will have round tables in it for the attendees. The room is air-conditioned and the outside temperature may dictate that the doors remain closed. There are two large sliding glass doors that we will open if the temperature allows.
- There are two buildings with bedrooms in them. Littleton Lodge rooms have 3 beds in them – two singles and a queen. We will put 1, 2, or 3 people in each of these rooms. Ragland Lodge has 3 bunk beds in each room. We will put 3 or 4 people in each of these rooms.
- There is a large dining room where all meals are served, buffet-style. All diners are expected to use hand sanitizer when they enter the dining room. There are tables inside and outside.
- Snacks will be served in the chapel. These will also be offered buffet-style.
- No masks will be required, but if you are immune-compromised, you may want to wear a mask anyway.
- All attendees will be required to be fully vaccinated. The retreat center does not guarantee that all staff will be vaccinated.
- All potential attendees are being asked to pay $35 when they register. This is the full fee for those requesting a scholarship and a deposit for those who will pay the full cost of the retreat.
- We will confirm that we have space for you to attend by July 23. If you are paying the full fee for the retreat, you will need to pay the balance due by July 31 or forfeit your spot.
- We are asking that if at all possible, you identify the roommates you want to share a bedroom with. We will do our very best to accommodate your request.
- We are asking you to let us know all of the possible room assignments you are willing to accept. This will give us the most flexibility to make room for the most people possible.
- Single – $240
- Double – $200
- Triple – $175
- Quad – $175
- Scholarship – $35 (triple or quad only)
- Priority will be given to first-time scholarship requests
- We ask scholarship recipients to do up to 5 hours of service work before or during the retreat.
- We are asking if you are willing to room with people you don’t know. Again, this will give us the most flexibility to make room for the most people possible.
- If the room assignment you are given is not acceptable for any reason or if we do not have a space for you, we will refund your fee/deposit.
The Women’s Recovery Retreat is the first weekend in August. It starts Friday evening and ends Sunday afternoon. One-third of the ladies that go to this event will go on scholarship. No car? No problem. We match the ladies up for a fun carpool ride to the retreat center. The three-day retreat has:
- recovery workshop
- great food, snacks, fresh baked goods to take home
- yoga, labyrinth walking, quiet reflection, recovery meetings
- S’mores making at the beachside fire pit, drumming, dancing
- swimming, sunbathing, lounging, fellowshipping
- the “no-talent” talent show
- crafts and a charm ceremony
- and more…
Lake Huron Retreat Center
If you’ve never been to an A2WG 3-day retreat, you are in for a treat! The retreat center has hotel-like accommodations and sits on Lake Huron in Port Huron, MI. It’s absolutely beautiful and peaceful there. Writing about it just won’t do it justice. Watch the video on this page.