Our Board of Directors
We are a volunteer “working” board.
- We meet monthly to review budgets, discuss issues, and plan future events.
- We work year-round to raise funds for events, scholarships, and childcare.
- Two part-time employees are in charge of communications, social media, website, event coordination, blogs, and fundraising campaigns.
- Trained accredited staff provide childcare at two weekly meetings
- Negley Flinn Foundation
- Kiwanis of Ann Arbor
- Lima Beads
- We have received many one-time donations from organizations over the years.
- General Fund
- Women’s Recovery Retreat
Our Values and Logo
- Long-term sobriety
- Unity and inclusivity
- Giving back and paying forward
- Healing and growth
- Loving ourselves and others
- Spiritual awareness and hope
Our Logo Lady is
- A symbol of the power every recovering woman has within herself, and the strength we take from each other
- Modeled on the ancient Nile Goddess
- Really YOU (all of us)
Why This Color?
- The color is amethyst
- The Ancient Greek word “amethystos” means “not intoxicated.”
- Greeks and Romans believed this gemstone protected them from drunkenness
- It’s a reminder that sobriety has been an important societal value throughout history
- Sobriety continues to be celebrated in spiritual ways